1. Introduction to cloud architectures: background, properties, components, advantages and challenges.
2. Cloud service models: Infrastructure, Platform, Software as a Service; Public, private and hybrid clouds; Cloud computing, cloud storage, cloud networking
3. Virtualization technologies: abstraction, resource partitioning, virtual machines, virtualization platforms.
4. Network virtualization: virtual nodes and links, tunneling, network isolation; Network virtualization platforms.
5. Data Plane Virtualization. Virtual switching (Open vSwitch - OVS). Packet processing by software.
6. Cloud Data Center Network technologies and topologies.
7. Networking in OpenStack.
8. Software Defined Networking (SDN) in cloud virtual networks, dynamic and scalable networking, automation.
9. Load balancing and scaling in cloud, optimization of cloud resources.
10. Network Function Virtualization, ETSI NFV model, service chaining, cloudification of middlebox functions.
11. Cloud management and orchestration platforms, resource models, interactions.
12. Linux containers, container based virtualizaton.
13. Workflow with containers, container networking.
14. Special requirements of clouds to provide telecom grade services: real time operation, availability, secure communication, service isolation, scalability, SLA management.