Students will learn the process of service creation of internet services and applications. The course gives insight into the challenges of application-specific, content-centric, collaborative services, the internet as a service and application development platform. The necessary technological basics and quality of service solutions are also explained. During the project teamwork, the students will gain experience in practice how new services are created, from planing through implementation.
- Services in the world of internet, service concepts. The internet as a service/application development platform.
- Distributed (networking) application models (client-server, peer-to-peer, public-subscribe, multicast-based). Human factors of QoS. Human-machine interaction.
- Network services. Service convergence. Open Network Access (ONA). API concept, portable, technology and platform independent applications.
- Service Oriented Architecture (SoA). Web services. Cloud-based solutions.
- Ue cases. (PE.g., Ustream – video sharing; streaming; Skype – p2p communication, join.me – conference and online social services, ...)
- Web services. Web 2.0 (social). Future of Social Media.
- Use cases: (E.g., Dropbox – cloud-based storage, synchronization and sharing; Cubby – IoT platform as a service; ...)
- Web 3.0 (schemantic web). Intelligent software agents. Interoperable machine-machine interactions on the network. Web APIs.
- Customized, context-aware, location-based services. Ambient intelligence; intelligent user interfaces. Service aspects of nomadicity, mobility.
- Network. and service security. Privacy protection.
- Internet of Things (IoT). Layered IoT architecture. Machine-machine interaction vs. IoT. IoT services (IoS – Internet of Services), interaction with the physical world. IoT middleware. IoT data collection and handling.
- Application areas: Smart City, Intelligent transportation. Use cases.
- Application areas: E-Health. Remote monitoring.